In the imaginative steampunk web series Progress, the year is 1888, and the web is all the latest rage.
In this alternate 19th century England, information flows freely through a steam-powered internet.
To the consternation of many, every citizen of the crown has access to this new-fangled form of communication.
Everyone including a ghastly serial killer terrorizing the Whitechapel district of London.
In the premiere episode, you are introduced to Oscar Lerwill (Ben Whalen), a bored hacker seeking to pass the time by visiting the seedier parts of the web.
After an aborted encounter with Lila (Rebecca Lynch), a pay-per-view exotic performer, Oscar stumbles upon a disturbing file apparently uploaded to the internet by Jack the Ripper himself.
The siren song of a dark mystery is calling out to Oscar. Will he solve the enigma of the Ripper, or be consumed by it?
The series' unique premise is brought to life by means of exceptional production values including:
- gorgeous set, costume, and prop designs
- period dialogue delivered masterfully by the capable cast
- sensational cinematography (make sure to watch the series in HD if at all possible!)
- a creepy mystery involving one of the most notorious serial killers of all time
- witty spoofs of popular tech and current staples of internet culture
Travel back in time to a Victorian England that-could-have-been by watching the entire first episode here:
Help Keep The 7th Matrix Independent and Ad-Free!